Cook delicious culinary delights meals for your family and friends in your own kitchen!
Eat restaurant quality food at home every night at your own dinner table!
Browse or search for your favorite recipes right here.
East India Relish
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03
Title: East India Relish
Categories: Canfood, Water bath, Pickling, Typed
Yield: 6 servings
1 1/2 qt Chopped onions
-(About 6 to 8 medium)
1 qt Firmly packed shredded
-carrots (about 1 pound)
1 qt Peeled, diced green tomatoes
-(about 8 medium)
1 qt Chopped zucchini
-(about 2 pounds)
2 c Light corn syrup
4 c White vinegar
2 tb Salt
1 tb Ground coriander
2 ts Ground ginger
1 ts Crushed red pepper
1/2 ts Ground cumin
Stir a few tablespoons of this relish into mayonnaise when making a
chicken salad, or try it with pot roast. The recipe makes six 1 pint
jars. You'll need a shredder or food processor in addition to the
basic equipment for boiling water bath canning.
1. Organize ingredients, equipment, and work space.
2. In a preserving kettle, combine the ingredients. heat over medium
high heat to boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Spoon the relish evenly into hot jars to within 1/4 inch of tops.
4. Spoon hot liquid from the kettle to within 1/4 inch of tops of
jars. Run a slim, non metal tool down along the insides of jars to
release any air bubbles. Add additional relish, if necessary, to
within 1/4 inch of tops.
5. Wipe tops and threads of jars with a damp clean cloth.
6. Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
7. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Follow basic steps
for boiling water bath canning, 10 through 19.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995
Recipes provided by All Good Recipes are property and copyright of their owners.
All Good Lyrics | All Good Tabs | Partner Sites
© 2023 All Good Recipes. All Rights Reserved.